Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

This Is Me

As far as I know discrimination is treating someone in a less favorable manner on the basis of his physical appearance and characteristics. I remembered ones that I have been discriminated also by others because of my color. Either girl or boy is more attracted with ones fair complexion. So there are times that they will insult me because of my dark complexion. Then I will also insult him more than on what he had say to me. I will insult him from head to toe. My goal is to make him cry, and to let him feel what I feel. But not just saying bad things about his appearance I will also hit the part of his body that will really hurt him. I will not stop until he will not say the magic word. SORRY. Sometimes, I was ashamed to deal with the white ones. Just like on what I experienced before I step in high school life. Principal Esther saw my father and I on the AVR (old AVR), then told me that "Pity for you to inherit the color of your father".  So I ask my mom to buy PAPAYA SOAP. :)))  But time goes by, I realized that nowadays this kind of complexion are more attractive than the white one. That I should not be ashamed on what God gave me. This who I am. At first I just cry, but now I stand with great pride. But honestly I still  use soaps that can lighten my skin. :)) I'm proud to be a Filipino this what a real Filipino. If there's a chance in my life that I can change the color of my skin I will just stick on what I have right now. I will be so glad that a lot of people will love me for who I am without asking me to change to be pleasing with the eyes of others. I will just let God rule them who discriminates it just makes me stronger. Again, I am not ashamed of who I am because THIS IS ME. :)

2 comments: